The battle between good and evil that was never written in the Bible.
In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth and populated the Earth with broccoli, cauliflower and spinach, green and yellow and red vegetables of all kinds, so Man and Woman would live long and healthy lives.
Then using God's great gifts, Satan created Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream and Krispy Creme Donuts. And Satan said, "You want chocolate with that?" And Man said, "Yes!" and Woman said, "and as long as you're at it, add some sprinkles." And they gained 10 pounds. And Satan smiled.
And God created the healthful yogurt that Woman might keep the figure that Man found so fair. And Satan brought forth white flour from the wheat, and sugar from the cane and combined them. And Woman went from size 6 to size 14.
So God said, "Try my fresh green salad." And Satan presented Thousand-Island Dressing, buttery croutons and garlic toast on the side. And Man and Woman unfastened their belts following the repast.
God then said, "I have sent you heart healthy vegetables and olive oil in which to cook them." And Satan brought forth deep fried fish and chicken-fried steak so big it needed its own platter. And Man gained more weight and his cholesterol went through the roof. God then created a light, fluffy white cake, named it "Angel Food Cake," and said, "It is good." Satan then created chocolate cake and named it "Devil's Food."
God then brought forth running shoes so that His children might lose those extra pounds. And Satan gave cable TV with a remote control so Man would not have to toil changing the channels. And Man and Woman laughed and cried before the flickering blue light and gained pounds.
Then God brought forth the potato, naturally low in fat and brimming with nutrition. And Satan peeled off the healthful skin and sliced the starchy center into chips and deep-fried them. And Man gained pounds.
God then gave lean beef so that Man might consume fewer calories and still satisfy his appetite. And Satan created McDonald's and its 99-cent double cheeseburger. Then said, "You want fries with that?" And Man replied, "Yes! And super size them!" And Satan said, "It is good." And Man went into cardiac arrest.
God sighed and created quadruple bypass surgery. Then Satan created Cuts to the Health Care System. Amen --
I don't know who wrote this but I got it in a forward and had to share it!
First of all, I have grown up around a lot of smoking. I really don't mind the smell, I know some people do, but it really doesn't bother me. That being said, cigarettes have never really tempted me or instilled any great desire to smoke. I have tried them, but they don't really do it for me. I like cigars, but they are kind of nasty in that they leave a undesirable residue on your hands and in your mouth. However, I really REALLY like smoke. What is the solution?
First time I ever smoked it, I knew I would be hooked. In my mind, it trumps all other forms of tobacco. There are multiple reasons for this. Let me explain.
1. From my experience, it can give the best buzz. Some of you, who may have tried hookah, may be thinking, "No way, dude! I've had hookah, and I felt nothing." Think of it this way, a Cuban cigar vs. a Swisher Sweet--obviously, the latter will do nothing for you and just taste like canine excrement, and is in no way comparable to the Cuban. You have to be good at preparing the hookah to have a desirable outcome. I smoke quite frequently and for some time now, and I'm still perfecting my methods. There are also many different brands of shisha (which is what the tobacco is actually called... not to be confused with hashish), and a bad brand could also be the root of an unsatisfying experience. Just don't discount hookah after a bad experience at a cheap hookah bar. If you have a hookah and need some tips, message me, and I can help you.
2. The flavor of the smoke is delicious! I'm not even kidding. There is a wealth of flavors to choose from, including some of these popular ones: mint (my favorite), strawberry, orange, apple, pomegranate, grape, guava, mango, vanilla, peach, and many more! Many of these can be mixed into tasty combinations and there is room for limitless experimentation.
3. The smoke is not residual like with cigars or cigarettes. If you smoke, even for an hour, you can walk out of the room, and you no longer smell like smoke. The room will smell like the flavor of tobacco you just smoked during the session and maybe a few minutes after, but it is not like a smoker's house with an infused smell of smoke.
4. Hookah is very relaxing and is an enjoyable experience whether you are just chilling by yourself online or with others in a group just hanging out. Because the smoke is not pungent, it does bother others--even those who don't like it--unless, of course, you are blowing it directly onto their face, which could obviously be annoying. I have had some of the greatest conversations over hookah, and I myself prefer to smoke with others. We have a rule--PPG. Puff, puff, give. It isn't strictly enforced, but there are "rules" of courtesy to prevent hogging it. If you are thinking that a multi-hose hookah is the solution, DON'T! Every additional hose severely detracts from the quality of the hookah, and I would strongly advise against it.
5. HOOKAH IS HEALTHIER THAN OTHER FORMS OF TOBACCO. Contrary to popular belief, this is a true statement. Before seriously taking up the smoking of hookah, I did extensive research. If you just type in, "health risks of hookah" into Google, you may hear something ridiculous like how smoking hookah for 20 minutes is like 20 cigarettes or something. This is not true. The majority of the tests (including ones with those outcomes) were done with the tobacco at the same temperature. However, while smoking a cigarette, the tobacco is burning at about 600°F, whereas the tobacco in hookah is not even burning! It is merely "cooked" at a temperature around 150°F. Most carcinogens created by tobacco are due to the burning. As it is not burned in hookah, it does not apply. In other words, tar production, which is the chief factor causing lung cancer in cigarettes, is not an issue with hookah. To create enough unhealthy materials to even rival a pack of cigarettes, you would have to smoke about 6 hours a day; this I would not advise. Also, hookah does not have chemicals and other additives like cigarettes, and there is a negligible amount of nicotine, which is not enough to cause addiction.
So, if you have an oral fixation with smoke, I would highly recommend hookah! It is delicious, pleasant, healthiER, and very relaxing.
Have you ever tried it? Did you like it? Do you have any reservations towards it?
I am not going to go on about what is or is not attractive. Everyone has their own preferences and ideals. If I were to say a certain weight was attractive, everyone would fuss and call me shallow.
But the fact of the matter is, a LOT of people want to lose weight. A lot of people think they are trying really hard to lose weight, but they just are not doing it right. I'm no expert, but I do know this simple fact:
Weight gain is only possible if the total amount of calorie intake exceeds the total number of burned calories.
It almost seems too simple. Why then are so many overweight? Basically, it is because most people really don't know how many calories they burn. Because of that fact, they don't know if their calorie intake is in excess. I have heard that just 100 calories a day above the amount you burn will result in gaining about 10 pounds a year.
Basically, everyone needs to know how much they burn and the major wild card here is the basal metabolic rate. These are the calories that are burned no matter what you do. You could sit on your bed all day long doing nothing and these calories will still be burned. The calories burned here are due to processes of our body, such as digestion, respiration, blood circulation, and maintenance of body temperature. There are formulas to find out your basal metabolic rate, and I would suggest people find their own rate as this accounts for about 60% of calories used. It could be more, it could be less.
The rest of that percentage must be filled with exercise. Run, jog, walk, play sports, or anything to work off those calories. If there are stairs, take them! And one other VERY important thing is lean muscle mass. Go lift weights! Do strength training. If you don't know how, get a friend who DOES know how to teach you. This goes for girls as well. A lot of girls are afraid to because they don't want to bulk up and "look like a man" but contrary to popular belief, it is very difficult for girls to "get ripped" or look manly because of working out. Girls just don't have the testosterone to build that kind of muscle. So don't be afraid to hit the weight room.
Also, on the matters of calorie intake. Eat right! If you eat fast food and greasy, unhealthy foods with a high number of calories, you are making your job a lot harder. Get in your veggies and fruits. And rice and beans are a cheap alternative to meat for proteins. If you are a poor college student, it's a very good idea. And even with healthy foods, don't pig out! If you have a big appetite, just eat 3/4 of what you would, and even if your still hungry just wait like 20 minutes you will feel fuller. And drink a lot of water! At least a half a gallon a day, and that is minimal. Resist the urge to pick up that Coke (even if it is diet, or Zero... those are even worse for you!). Thirst is commonly mistaken for hunger, so at night when you get the munchies just drink a big cup of water!